Thursday, October 31, 2013

Goulash


I called Mom for advice, she said to just throw things together & keep it mild. We both haven’t made it in years.

Here is what I did:

  • 1lb Angus (85/15)
  • (2) 16oz cans – tomato sauce
  • (2) 16oz diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted and one with green peppers)
  • 16oz whole wheat macaroni

  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 Hungarian peppers (from the garden!)
  • 2 jalapeño peppers (deseeded)
  • ½ bell pepper(old leftover)

  • 1.5T paprika (I used mostly sweet Hungarian from Savory Spice, also hot smoked Spanish. Steph we need to buy more spices!)
  • Coarse Black pepper
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Garlic Salt

I’m not good at cooking beef with onions/peppers. I did them separately so I could drain the beef). Mix everything together, add the spices, simmer ~30mins then add the noodles. Took less than an hour, makes A LOT. We’ll probably get 10 meals out of it.

What have you been cooking?





No comments:

Post a Comment