I called Mom for advice, she said to just throw things together & keep it mild. We both haven’t made it in years.
Here is what I did:
- 1lb Angus (85/15)
- (2) 16oz cans – tomato sauce
- (2) 16oz diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted and one with green peppers)
- 16oz whole wheat macaroni
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Hungarian peppers (from the garden!)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (deseeded)
- ½ bell pepper(old leftover)
- 1.5T paprika (I used mostly sweet Hungarian from Savory Spice, also hot smoked Spanish. Steph we need to buy more spices!)
- Coarse Black pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Salt
I’m not good at cooking beef with onions/peppers. I did them separately so I could drain the beef). Mix everything together, add the spices, simmer ~30mins then add the noodles. Took less than an hour, makes A LOT. We’ll probably get 10 meals out of it.
What have you been cooking?