Monday, February 18, 2013

Colorado Springs

Steph and I went down to Colorado Springs Saturday to do some exploring. She hadn't been in forever, last time for me was with the family. I got a Hilton room downtown for $50, not too bad.

Steph got me a Colorado beer map / coupon book for my birthday, it has over 50 free beers at various breweries. My other friend Alissa also me got one (two days earlier than Steph) so we decided to use both, saved a ton of money!

First we stopped in Breckenridge Brewery in Denver, then Pikes Peak Brewery in Monument. Next we went to Trinity, they're known for being more fancy(expensive). Most of the beers to go were $15-20 each!

Next we drove through Garden of the Gods and did a short hike (Siamese Twins). It was super crowded but still fun. We dropped the car off at the hotel, swam/hot tub, then went out downtown for more beer.

I liked the mini tasters at Trinity
Siamese Twins
Steph doing a "Jessie" pose 



The next day we went to the local famous breakfast spot.They kind of forgot to write our name on the waiting list, we were not happy. Then they gave us breakfast for free, we were happy. Huge portions, 1/4inch thick bacon, was really good!

We decided to work breakfast off by doing the "Incline." It was one of the hardest hikes I have ever done, 2000ft gain in 3/4 mile! The history is pretty cool if you have time to read.




at the bottom, you can almost see all the way up
roughly half way. a few spots you had to get on all fours
at the top, I feel great (not)!

Observe Steph's perfect form. We took switchbacks the way back, lots of ice in the shady spots. People were falling all over
if you look at my eyes you can see salt rings. I have never seen this before. I told Steph it was from the bacon at breakfast.
Our reward, Front Range BBQ. Another free beer stop, pretty cool place in a historic house near the ole downtown.
Steph had a rib meat poboy with Swiss, bacon, and jalapeno (above). I had a pulled pork sandwich with red beans and rice.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pictures. Looks like a wonderful mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete